Travel Green in Sonoma County
|Since 2009, the Sheraton Sonoma County-Petaluma Hotel has been certified as a Bay Area Green Business by the Sonoma County Green Business Program. The Bay Area Green Business Program verifies that businesses meet their higher standards of environmental performance, comply with environmental regulations and take actions to conserve resources, prevent pollution, minimize waste, and reduce their carbon footprint. Learn more about the Bay Area Green Business Program.
Take a look at some of the ways we are making our hotel a bit greener:
- Recycling efforts. On property, we recycle the following: paper*, cardboard, plastic, glass, cooking oil and batteries.
- Thermostats with motion sensors. While you are away from your room, the thermostat will adjust the temperature in the room to conserve energy.
- Temperature setbacks. We utilize temperature setbacks for off peak time on our boilers.
- Energy efficient lighting. Your guestroom, along with the full hotel, is equipped with energy efficient fluorescent lamps.
- Low flow sprinklers. Our irrigation system utilizes low flow sprinkler heads on a timer on all landscaped areas.
- Vending machine motion sensors. We use vending machine motion sensors to turn off cooling when there is low foot traffic.
- Guests can make a green choice. To best meet your needs, we give you the choice of how often your linens and towels are laundered. By laundering only when requested, we reduce chlorine, detergent and water use. If you would like fresh linens, locate the "Time for a Change" card in your room and place this card on your bed in the morning.
* We use 30% recycled paper